©2022 Morley Builders, Inc. | Privacy
This 104,000 sf Main Library for the City of Santa Monica is a classic design-build project. The library features a café and courtyard, offices, computer labs, auditorium space and a 560-car subterranean parking structure.
The project obtained a LEED® Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Sustainable design highlights include a 200,000-gallon cistern, natural daylighting, underfloor air distribution system and operable windows. Sustainable construction highlights include a construction waste management program, locally harvested and manufactured materials and high recycled content materials.
City of Santa Monica
Moore Ruble Yudell
- American Public Works Association (Southern California Chapter) – Project of the Year Award, Facilities & Building
- Los Angeles Business Council Architectural Awards – Sustainability Award
- California Construction – Best Civic Project
- Southern California Development Forum – Honorable Mention
- Chicago Athenaeum American Architecture Awards – Award Winner
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute – Best Public & Institutional Building
- National Electrical Contractors Association (Los Angeles Chapter) – Award for Electrical Excellence