Morley’s commitment to safety is more than just a program, it is a culture. We commit to this culture through ongoing development of next practices and constant evaluation of best practices. We offer comprehensive and robust training curriculums on-demand, onsite, and in-the-classroom, empowering our people to be confident in their knowledge about our safe working practices.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility, but our supervisors are responsible for ensuring everyone goes home safe. Our entire operations team, from the Vice President of Field Operations to each Superintendent, has committed to obtain the Board of Certified Safety Professional’s Safety Trained Supervisor – Construction (STS-C) designation. We have developed a Project Engineer Safety Training Program in which Project Engineers are coached and guided by the safety engineers to identify, mitigate, and resolve potential jobsite risks. Our employees’ dedication to safety has been recognized by the Associated General Contractors of America, earning the First Place award for National Construction Safety Excellence.
Our goal at Morley is to create an environment where every employee is empowered to take ownership of our safety culture. Together, we carefully consider every opportunity to promote safety, allowing us to build smarter.
Our Commitment to Safety
• Superintendents are OSHA 30-Hour trained and all Project Management Staff are OSHA 10-Hour trained
• Annual contractor safety orientation course for every contractor who works on our projects
• New Hire Safety Training and Mentoring Program which targets field employees’ critical first 90 days. The program applies to all new Morley employees, regardless of experience
• Project Engineer Safety Program, guided by on-staff Safety Specialists to identify, mitigate, and resolve potential jobsite risks
• A “Cantilever Cargo Platform” that allows for safer movement of materials and fall protection
• A “Wall Panel Storage Rack” to facilitate the storage and safe access of wall forms
• The “Shark Cage” to protect and provide more effective fall protection while working inside beams on long span decks
• Empower and encourage all staff to develop tools to mitigate construction risk
• Active members of the American Society of Concrete Contractors Safety and Risk Management Council and the American Society of Safety Professionals
• Partners with local Associated General Contractors of America to provide Concrete and Masonry Hazard Prevention and Safety Training courses
Associated General Contractors of America – First Place, National, Construction Safety Excellence
American Society of Concrete Contractors – Fleet Safety
American Society of Concrete Contractors – Safety Improvement
American Society of Concrete Contractors – Safety Award
CalOSHA – Golden Gate Partnership Recognition for Commitment to Safety