©2022 Morley Builders, Inc. | Privacy
The City of Santa Monica Parking Structure 6 is a 285,000-square-foot parking structure in Downtown Santa Monica featuring 750 stalls, eight above-ground and three subterranean levels, approximately 7,000 square feet of retail space, Farmers Market storage, and bicycle racks accommodating up to 90 bicycles. It doubled the number of parking spaces available to the public and incorporates sustainable components such as photovoltaic solar roof panels and 30 electrical vehicle charging stations.
The iconic façade, designed as a series of triangular “sails”, is a combination of perforated and solid aluminum panels functioning as a light enhancement screen, carefully crafted to bring light deep into the building structure. The façade not only provides a functional lighting aspect for the parking structure, it also creates a strong identity and celebrates its proximity to the ocean a block away.
City of Santa Monica
- American Institute of Architects Los Angeles Design Awards – Award Winner
- ACI Pankow & Concrete Awards (Southern California Chapter) – Outstanding Achievement & Excellence in Concrete Construction
- Construction Management Association of America (Southern California Chapter) – Contractor Quality Partner Award, New Construction, Government
- Design-Build Institute of America (Western Pacific Region) – Merit Award
- Los Angeles Business Journal Commercial Real Estate Awards – Silver Award, Best Sustainable Project
- Southern California Development Forum Design Awards – Commercial Award
- US Green Building Council Los Angeles Sustainable Innovation Awards – Innovation in Design
- American Society of Concrete Contractors Decorative Concrete Council Awards – Second Place, Architectural Concrete Under 5,000 SF
- International Parking Institute Awards of Excellence – Best Design of a Parking Facility with Fewer than 800 Spaces
- National Parking Association Innovation Awards – Parking Facility of the Year