©2020 Morley Builders, Inc. | Privacy
City of Santa Monica’s new 750-space design-build parking structure has eight above-ground and three subterranean levels, approximately 7,000 square feet of retail space, Farmers Market storage and bicycle racks accommodating up to 90 bicycles. The structure more than doubles the number of parking spaces available to the public and also incorporates sustainable components such as photovoltaic solar roof panels and 30 electrical vehicle charging stations.
The iconic façade, designed as a series of triangular “sails”, is a combination of perforated and solid aluminum panels functioning as a light enhancement screen, carefully crafted to bring light deep into the building structure. Viewed from the street, the highly transparent façade appears ever-changing with the movement of people and the backdrop of moving cars. The façade not only provides a functional lighting aspect for the parking structure, it also creates a strong identity and celebrates its proximity to the ocean a block away.
City of Santa Monica
- Commercial Award, Southern California Development Forum
- Sustainable Innovation Award, United States Green Building Council
- Architectural Concrete Award, ASCC Decorative Concrete Council
- Award of Excellence, International Parking Institute
- Parking Facility of the Year, National Parking Association