©2019 Morley Builders, Inc. | Privacy
Not to be overshadowed by its younger sister, the venerable Getty Villa Museum on Pacific Coast Highway near Malibu commands its own respect. Built in 1972, the museum has served as home to an impressive collection of art and antiquities. In this major renovation and expansion, the J. Paul Getty Trust has increased visitor facilities and renovated its museum devoted to antiquities to serve as a center for the study of ancient art, archeology and conservation.
The existing Villa, Ranch House and conservation laboratory buildings were renovated and nine structures were built: a cafe, auditorium, an entry court, a central plant, two parking structures, a two-story research facility, a two-story office building and a one-story laboratory building.
The J. Paul Getty Trust
Machado & Silvetti
- Project of the Year, Los Angeles Business Council
- First Place, Commercial, American Society of Concrete Contractors
- Westside Prize, Westside Urban Forum
- Civic Award, American Institute of Architects
- Charles J. Pankow Jr. Award, ACI Southern Calfiornia Chapter