©2022 Morley Builders, Inc. | Privacy
Royce Hall suffered extensive damage during the January 1994 earthquake. Restoration and strengthening were driven by UCLA’s wish to preserve its landmark and return the renowned concert hall to service. Completed in four phases, Royce Hall required emergency seismic upgrades, an architectural restoration, and refurbishment to the 1,841 seat auditorium. Additional work included 10,000 sf of tenant build-out for a new Center for Performing Arts offices, Royce Reading Room Library, and College of Letters, Arts & Sciences presentation and seminar space. The famed hall re-opened on schedule to the delight of a sold-out crowd.
Regents of the University of California
- Anshen + Allen Architects
- Barton Phelps & Associates
- California Preservation Foundation – Preservation Award
- Los Angeles Business Council Urban Beautification Awards – Award Winner
- Los Angeles Conservancy – Preservation Award