©2022 Morley Builders, Inc. | Privacy
Morley Construction Company provided concrete services for this 22-story criminal, family, and civil courts building in downtown San Diego. Replacing the current courthouse, the project encompasses a full city block and includes a new 182-foot long pedestrian bridge and tunnel connecting the new courthouse with the existing Hall of Justice.
More than 700 concrete deliveries were made to pour more than 13,455 tons of concrete for the foundation. Morley used a thermal chilling system to mitigate heat gain due to the large amounts of concrete poured. The cooling method is the first time a chilling system has be used in San Diego and a first for Morley Construction.
Judicial Council of California
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- ENR Best Regional Projects - Government/Public Buildings
- Building, Design & Construction Magazine - Building Team Award
- Downtown San Diego Partnership - Alonzo Downtown on the Rise Award
- Chicago Athenaeum - American Architecture Award
- ACI Pankow & Concrete Awards (San Diego Chapter) - Concrete Sustainability Award