©2023 Morley Builders, Inc. | Privacy
In collaboration with repeat client Community Corporation of Santa Monica, Morley provided general contracting services for The Arroyo. Just blocks from the Metro Expo Line Station, these two, five-story Type III structures provide 64 affordable housing units that vary between one-, two-, and three-bedroom configurations. Amenities include two community rooms, laundry facilities, and a basketball court. Two levels of subterranean parking provide approximately 63 spaces to its residents and visitors.
Achieving LEED Platinum certification, sustainable features include electric vehicle charging stations, rooftop photovoltaic panels, a solar hot water heating system, and native, drought-tolerant vegetation.
Community Corporation of Santa Monica
Koning Eizenberg Architecture
- AIA National Housing Awards – Specialized Housing
- AIA LA Design Awards – COTE Merit Award, Multi-Unit Residential
- Los Angeles Business Council Architectural Awards – Multi-Family Affordable Housing
- USGBC LEED Homes Awards – Outstanding Affordable Project
- Westside Urban Forum, Westside Prize & Design Awards – Merit Award, Multi-Unit Housing
- ArchitectureAU National Architecture Awards – The Jørn Utzon Award for International Architecture