©2023 Morley Builders, Inc. | Privacy
Located on UCSD’s Revelle Campus, this 510-bed student housing project consists of four cast-in-place buildings ranging in height from five to ten stories. Amenities include a lounge area, laundry room, meeting room, and multipurpose space. The design takes advantage of coastal breezes for natural ventilation and heat gain is controlled with a green roof, deep overhangs, and industrial fiberglass shading. Drought tolerant vegetation, a grey water irrigation system and efficient plumbing were installed to conserve water.
Morley Construction Company provided all structural concrete subcontracting services for the project. Approximately 16,100 cubic yards of concrete were used to complete the project. High-quality, cast-in-place white concrete visually ties the buildings to the existing 1960’s architecture.
Regents of the University of California
- American Institute of Architects – COTE Award, Top Ten Green Project
- AIA California – Merit Award
- AIA Philadelphia Design Awards – Merit Award
- Chicago Athenaeum International Architecture Awards – Award Winner
- San Diego Architectural Foundation – Orchid Award for Architecture, Orchid Award for Landscape
- CalOSHA Golden Gate Partnership Recognition for Commitment to Safety
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Region 9) – Outstanding Environmental Engineering Project
- American Society of Civil Engineers – Award of Merit for Sustainable Technology